Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"My healing is already in process"

Louise Hay is talking to me again. She talks to me a lot, but I usually don't listen. Last night on my shiny new blog I put a link to her "Daily Affirmation." And just look at today's -- "My healing is already in process." Is that awesome or what??? My healing started yesterday when I created this blog and with every keystroke it continues. Weird, weird, weird. But I actually feel like something is happening...

Thank you, Kelly, and all those other Rosie Radio listeners for inspiring me. For finally giving me the nudge I needed. Starting this blog was a concrete step, an actual something; evidence that I am doing, not just being. How many times have I laid my head on my pillow, vowing that "starting tomorrow" everything will be different? Well, today it was different! I have a blog! I clicked on the link to make it official that this is it. A change is coming. A change is here.

So our goal is to "get in shape" by next fall - the exciting season when Rosie comes back to TV. I won't be joining Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig or looking for a new diet. None of that. I know how to do it. I have done it a hundred times. And it has taken me 40 years of "dieting" to finally understand that it is not about the food. It is about PAIN and the attempt to avoid it. About understanding that the pain is part of being alive. And that no amount of food stuffed down my throat can make that pain go away. So for me, getting in shape is really about getting my head in shape. To "approve of myself," to quote another of my favorite Louise-isms.

So my goal for today -- to say this and BELIEVE it: "I approve of myself."

(That is not going to be easy when I go upstairs shortly to look for something to wear. Boo.)

1 comment:

  1. So far, so good today. Had my yummy hemp protein shake for breakfast with oat milk, peanut butter and banana. Lunch was at LARRS: hummus, pita and cucumber tomato salad.

    ReplyDelete