Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, Monday

"I grow spiritually when I accept responsibility for my life."


So it's really all about me? OK. Got it. (smiley face)

I'm happy it's Monday, even tho this will be the week from hell. (October 15th is Friday, in case you haven't noticed.) I am starting a real week, with the goal, of course, to get to the next Monday in a little better place than I am today, spiritually and physically.

It was a good weekend, even tho the kitchen is loaded with dirty dishes -- always what happens when I decide to cook at home and cook healthy. I feel great after our gargantuan bike ride yesterday. I felt like a ate a lot all day, but just fruit, veggies and good stuff.

Breakfast: Pure Bar before our ride, Spinach Egg White Wrap at Starbucks, tall iced latte

Lunch: Sandwich: Hummus, Olive tapenade, Slice of White Cheddar, Lettuce Tomato; pineapple

Snack: Apple slices

Dinner: Taco Salad with Mexican lentil mixture; pineapple

Wow, I guess it wasn't all that much, especially since I rode my bike for over 2 hours in close-to-90-degree heat. You can add a couple of hundred calories for the sparkling water I drank all afternoon, spiked with little low cal lemonade and pomegranate juice.

I am approving of myself, and my goal for today is to remind myself of that fact. And to recognize and acknowledge some happy moments as I make my way through the next 12 hours.

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. An insane Monday, but I dealt with it without trying to numb myself with food. (yay me)

    Breakfast: Hemp protein shake with peanut butter and banana

    Lunch: Open-faced sandwich with lettuce, olive spread, red pepper, hummus, 1 slice cheese and tomato. Pineapple and apple slices.

    Snack: Kind bar

    Dinner: Sunshine Burger with onions and peppers, cheese, tomato, lettuce, with relish and mayo on a Bagel Thin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Welcome to the world of one year plans. I enjoy the daily affirmations. What a clever way to build your blog. I look forward to reading more. I'm here with you! It's going to be a great year.

    ReplyDelete