Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hump Day

This week is hard. But I knew it was going to be. I have been sitting at my desk, spiraling into my thought pattern of why the hell am I here, I hate this work, I hate people, I hate every client (especially the ones who don't bring their stuff in til 3 days before the deadline), I hate myself, I'm fat and ugly, I'll be dead soon or at least in the Poor House. And why do I have a pain in my side?

Ok, rewind and reset and look at Louise's affirmation for today:

There is ample time and opportunity for creative expression in whatever area I choose.


Even in an area I don't feel that I chose? (which would be everything that I have pretty much ever done...) I think the answer is YES.


It's all about changing those pesky thought patterns. Hard, hard, hard. This thought pattern has been my identity for my entire life. But yes, I really do believe you can change it. I just have to want to. And to remember to! I can't give up.

I feel good about my food this week. In fact, today is the end of week one of my latest renewed relationship with food. I have been thinking of food as my worst enemy for the last three years. It just struck me, yes, just now, that it's not an enemy -- it's a tool! The tool I have been using to hurt myself in the way that I knew would hurt the most. And I am very good at it. :-)

As Louise says, "Try approving of yourself and see what happens."  (I approve of myself. I approve of myself.)

So maybe, for now, if food still has to be a tool, it can be a tool to make me feel more empowered. Or less controlled:

Eating when I'm hungry, stopping when I'm full. And moving. It's really that simple.

Onward...








1 comment:

  1. It looks like you and I have a lot in common. I'm finding that writing about it is helping so, so, so much. It's nice to have new buddies here in blogsville who are struggling with the same or similar problems. Makes us feel less alone, you know?

    ReplyDelete